Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Magic Bean Soup

My husband and I absolutely love this and it's actually healthy! We always double the recipe so we can have left overs later.

2 cans - black beans drained and rinsed (reserve one cup)
1 - 1 1/2 cups - chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup - salsa
1 tsp - cumin
1 - 2 cloves - minced garlic
1/4 cup - chopped onion
1 Tbs - fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/2 cup - cilantro

*Top with*
Sour Cream
Thinly sliced green onions (I actually add this into the soup instead)
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Tortilla Chips

Put ingredients into blender and blend until there are no big chunks (I actually don't chop the onions or garlic, etc since they are going to be blended anyways). I also add extra cilantro since I love it! Add the blended ingredients into a pot along with the one cup reserved beans - when I double it I reserve one of the four cans of beans. Heat the soup over medium to medium high heat until hot. Make sure to stir soup occasionally and right before serving. When doubling the soup make sure to do one batch at a time in the blender. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment